Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Withdrawls


~Hi my name is Shauna and I am addicted to Disney.
It has been a year and a half since my last trip to the park.
And I am ready for my next fix. ~


~if I have the time I usually drive down rather than fly~
~Try flying with 3 kids under 6, it is insanity, security alone give me nightmares let alone collecting car seats along with luggage at baggage claim~

~From where we live it takes 26 hours straight driving to get the "Big D" and if planned correctly half the trip can be done while the kids are sleeping~

~I have stayed at a few places around the park and because I can't afford to stay at the Disney Resorts
I prefer the Candy Cane Inn it is about a 5 to 10 min walk to the gates
but the amenities it has to offer is worth it~
~It is located on right behind California Adventure on the corner of Harbor and Katella.~
~ The staff is always super friendly and that is "all" staff, the rooms are always clean and the grounds are gorgeous with the cobble stone drive and dozen upon dozen of flower~
~they offer a continental breakfast buffet that includes items as fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, and pastries~
~We usually get a park hopper pass or an annual pass depending on the length of our stay or if we plan on coming back later in the year be benefit to the annual pass is the 10% discount on food and purchases~

~My park rituals are as follows:
One the First day~ Magic Kingdom 1st,
always go through the right hand side of the bridge
enjoy my view down main street over to Adventureland.
From there I usually work my way around the park.~

DCA: I usually hike down to Paradise Pier and work my way out~
~Favorite rides as a kid and adult:
MK:
Pirates
Haunted mansion
Big Thunder and Indy
DCA:
Toystory
Tower of Terror~

~Favorite places in the park:
MK:
The bridge over by big thunder at dusk you can hear the crowds on main street mixed in with the other sounds of the park

DCA: 
I really enjoy the Golden State area just outside of Bugs Land cause you can here all the music from the entrance but the beauty of the vines with Grizzly in the back ground~

~Best memories:
The Whole day leading up to when Ryan proposed to me at the Blue Bayou

The first time I got to take Dakota on all the E ticket rides
Taking Emerson to meet the fairies and princesses
The first time Ryan and I got to spend time alone in the park
New Years when when he bought my Alice in wonderland painting
All three kids seeing Small world for the first time

~ Share just a few pictures that are on my personal favorites list,
they have been taken by someone in my family, some time over the last 10 years. ~
  

              

       


       






       
 


     

No comments: